View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #35
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Exclamation Elbows

You may have heard me complain about elbow soreness. Well, I've been reading about it and watching some YouTube videos to see if there's anything I can do about it other than icing it and taking ibuprofen. Turns out there are some exercises I can do to target the exact area that gets sore.
This demonstrates the exercise that seems to most directly target the affected area:

Only problem is that I don't happen to have a spare whey container to make the thing he suggests. I improvised!:

I cut a hole in an empty milk jug just big enough to fit my hand. I don't have sand to put inside this thing like he suggests, but I have some bands. I cut a small hole in the bottom, threaded a band through it, tied a knot on the end to hold it in place, and...

My body weight holds the band in place during the static hold. Just tried it out: it works really well! It definitely targets the exact area where I feel sore. With any luck, I'll be able to strengthen it up this week enough to where it will feel a bit better next week.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote