View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #139
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Thanks for the encouragement

Lee, that was body weight with 5kg in a backpack.

At the moment I can't really tell weather I need to rest or not.
As you said though over time I'll learn how to listen to my body.

As it stands at the moment It defiantly feel like I'm getting stronger, So I'll keep everything how it is for now.

Back at my Grandmas now so here's the new log for last night.

WORKOUT

BENCH PRESS - 5X5 - 36KG/80LBS
BARBELL ROWS - 5X5 - 43KG/94.5LBS
JUMP SQUATS - 4 SETS TILL FAILURE - BODY WEIGHT + 5KG/11LBS
PULL UPS - 5X5 - BODY WEIGHT
BARBELL CURES - 5X5 - 7.5KG/16.5LBS

Good workout. Progressed in all major lifts.
With the jump squats I put a backpack on and put one of my 1.5kg weights in it(3.3lbs), If you were wondering how I was progressing with those.
I doubt I'll be able to do that for long though. I mean If I up the weights nearly every workout, It wont really be possible. I can't be jumping around with allot of weight on my back.
Something I realized also is that I'm now strong enough to bench all the weight my barbell came with, which was 30KG which is 66 pounds. All vinyl weights.
The barbells really strong and can hold allot of weight, so I recently bought 100kg/220lbs of Olympic plates (allot of saving haha, and a pair of Olympic dumbbell handles, to tide me over for my first proper year of lifting.
I remember when I first got that barbell and those weights, I couldn't even bench all 30KG for 1 rep, let alone 5. It was impossible.
Yet now I bench over that, and 30kg is too light, just in that short time Iv'e been properly.
Shows Iv'e progressed allot since then. I could barley lift anything when I got that barbell.

Noticing differences in my physique almost every day. I'm looking more muscular, but also look like Iv'e put on a little fat, which doesn't look that great. Hopefully as I build more muscle it'll offset the fat somewhat and I'll end up like you said looking better in the long run.

Going to weigh myself when I get home, so I'll be back round here to log that tommorow too.

- Linden
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote