Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
critiques appreciated.

probably no workouts this week. let myself get far behind in my work, and now i'm buried. nothin i can't work out of, but i need all the time i can get.

that said, it's not a bad time for me to take off. elbows and shoulders aren't 100%. legs are screaming for a hard workout, though; lower body feels totally primed for a vomit-inducing squat sesh.
i could also use the time to come up with a game plan now that i'm not at Idolmaker. i don't want to completely abandon Westside just b/c i can't lift. in my spare time (i.e., during meals!), i'm reading some good books on lifting. checking out this one from criticalbench.com that has all these cool strategies that i never thought of/heard of before. it's a pdf, so let me know if you want it.
Nothing wrong with a little time off. I think you have a good perspective, which is important. Take advantage of the opportunities you have now, with your education. I wish I had done that when I was younger. Hobbies like lifting can wait.

Take all that motivation and focus it on your return to lifting once the work eases up.

It's good to hear that you're doing lots of reading. Westside can be hard to implement when you train on your own. I'm finding volume based training to be quite the opposite. Its working very well for me training in the ol' garage. Maybe in your reading you'll find something that works better for your situation.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote