sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

4/1/13

Bench
45x8
135x8
225x6
245x3
265x3
295x1
305x1
315x1 PR!!

Squats (rep goal 3x20)
275x8
275x7
275x7

Dips (rep goal 5x50)
BWx10/20/15/15/12

Cleans (rep goal 5x25)
95x5
145x5x5

Feeling pretty stoked about hitting three plates on my bench today! I usually let out all my excitement here in my log, but I REALLY want to just stand on the roof and roar at people that walk by today. I've been on the verge of this milestone for a long time, and it went up easy today. No grinding for it, no struggle, no doubt in my mind it was going to happen. Just generally feeling like a beast at the moment.
Squats went well, I think I nailed down where I need to be for my rep goal, 275 was just a hair too light for that rep goal, so 285 should be the ticket for now.
Dips got a little crazy, I did the first set with my mind focused on needing 5 sets of 10, and when I finished that set, I suddenly realized "why the f@#$ did I stop?", so the next sets I just went balls deep. Probably had a couple more sets in there still. I'll have to go back to weighted dips and try to find the right weight to use.
Cleans were rough getting started today. I honestly felt better on the last set than the first 3. Not really sure why, but I managed anyways. Cleans are a definite weak spot for me, and I see myself hitting a wall on them soon.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote