View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default DIY Dragging Sled

I no longer have access to GPP equipment like dragging sleds, prowlers, etc. This sucks. When I started using the sled a few weeks ago, it felt like I found the missing piece to a puzzle that I didn't even know was missing. Did you finish your regular workout but still feel fresh and motivated? Go fry yourself out pulling the sled! Well, like I said, I don't have access to that stuff any more, but I have to keep the sled work going

I woke up this morning and decided to make my own sled. Didn't have any idea how to do this, so I searched Google and YouTube: the old tire sled seems to be the cheapest, easiest route. But where to get a tire and all the other crap I need? Better start with the tire.
There's a suspicious looking open field next to my apartment complex. Looking at this field, you can tell from a mile away that the temptation to dump trash there is overwhelming. I crossed the street, walked around...

...and instantly found a tire! haha. Found some PVC too:

Time to hit Home Depot. Bought some rope and a couple small-diameter PVC fittings for handles (i.e., for upper-body sled pulls). Shot over to Sports Authority for a cheap lifting belt (i.e., to attach to the rope for lower-body sled pulls). An hour of fiddling with the rope and stuff yielded:

Only thing I need now is something flat to put inside the tire. The open field has tons of rocks. I'm just gonna throw'em inside the tire to weigh it down. Let's do this thing!

Total Investment: $40
tire: $0
weights (rocks): $0
rope (50 ft. of high quality stuff): $17
PVC fittings: $2
crappy lifting belt: $21
maximum carnage: priceless

I paid more than necessary. Of course, for just the sled by itself, the investment is only $19 (rope + PVC). I wanted high quality rope, though, something that will last forever.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links