Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor
Default Lost my squat

Ok, I've been working really hard on my squat since around August of last year.
I'm not naturally very good at squatting, but I had it up to 335lbs a few months ago.
Then i hurt my knee doing some light box squats and had to lay off the knee for a few weeks.
Now my knee is feeling 100%. Last week I was doing some fairly heavy squats and really didn't perform well.
Then, today, I thought i would work up to some heavy singles.
I worked up to a 275x2 and it was tough. Then I tried a 295 and failed!
What's up with this? If I hadn't worked so hard on the 275 I probably would have got the 295, but even then, I'm 40 pounds down? That's not even 90%, come on!
It's not like my knee gave me trouble, I just didn't have the strength.

you think maybe my knee is not really full strength yet, and i just don't realize it?
i have lost about 10lbs of bodyweight in the last couple of months, but i just set a new 1RM on my deadlift at 405, and my bench press seems to be doing ok.
i really don't want have to spend another 6 months building up my squat just to get it back to where it was because of a really minor injury. this stinks.
should i get a belt and some knee sleeves to try and inflate my squat numbers so i don't feel so bad about it?
or should i just give up on squatting anything heavy and settle for having pansy legs?
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links