Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #214
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcioch View Post
H

I wonder do you have any advice for me on a good program . . . . something that I could as you said " get stuck into for a year".

I am currently doing 5x5 lifts.

I am doing the following in a week;

Day 1. Bench (5x5), Box Squat ( 5x5 ), deadlift ( 3x5 ) Weighted Dips (3x5). Weighted crunches.

Day2. Box Squat ( 5x5), Standing Press ( 5x5 ) Barbell Rows ( 5x5) Weighted Wide Grip Chins ( 5x5) Plank, Glute Bridges. Ab Wheel.

Day 3 Bench ( 5x5 ) Box Squat (5x5 ) Barbell Rows ( 5x5) Arm Curls ( 3x8) weighted crunches.

It's not a bad program, but there is some minor restructuring I would do. Can I ask why the reliance on box squats?

What are your primary goals? Both muscle and strength, or pure strength?

If you're looking at both, and don't mind an upper/lower, this is the program I recommend to a lot of guys. Let me know if you have any questions.

Huge Gainer Early Intermediate Strength Building 4 Day Split | Huge Gainer

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote