View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Thursday, 3/28: Max Effort Bench

1-RM Floor Press (w/football bar [60 lbs.])

8 x 150
2 x 200

1 x 220 FAIL
1 x 210 (new benchmark)

I also did more assistance exercises than I can even remember. A combo of pull and press movements. I finished with the sled. Lots of volume for a max effort day.

The football bar is difficult to control. We used hammer grip. You need to wait after you unrack it because it becomes unbalanced and causes your wrists to wobble. Feels like you might dump the weight on your face! In fact, it's almost worse with lighter weights. And yes, even the big guys experienced the wobble.

I can flat bench quite a bit more than 210. Really not sure why I could only floor press 210. Not too worried about it, though, because my lats, traps, chest, delts, and tris look thicker and feel denser than ever. I had to go to a conference today, and last night I had to run out to a department store to pick up a new dress shirt because my old ones don't fit. My old dress shirts = 15 1/2 collar and I had no problem buttoning them this past fall. The new shirt? 17 1/2 collar, and it fits perfectly (not loose at all). Can't be too sad about a temporary drop in strength when I'm growing like this

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-29-2013 at 06:39 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote