sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

We've got the intro out of the way, so from here on out the logging will be a quicker, easier read, as these are just updates.

I made an adjustment today to how I took my K-Otic prior to lifting. I wasn't really in the mood for a sweet drink, so I ended up using about 20oz of water. Taste was a bit more sports drink like, and fairly easy to down. I usually take my PWO in my office as it's about a 5 minute walk to my room, and another 10 minutes to get my stuff and be in the gym ready to go. I took the first half in the office, and drank the rest as I was walking back and getting my logbook. I used a fairly heaping scoop today, but not more than I could get into a single scoop.

Mixing 10/10
I think this will be my preferred method for mixing from here on out. It's a bit more liquid to down, but no one was ever hurt by being properly hydrated, and I felt less thirsty early in the workout.

Taste 10/10
Slightly watered down, but more in line with what I would have designed in if I were engineering a PWO drink. I'm really enjoying grape as a change of pace from the some of the flavors of companies are trying to dream up.

Effect 9/10
Compared to my last squat day, I felt almost no need to sit between sets. To the contrary, I was almost not ABLE to sit still by the last couple sets. Minor pacing and shaking out limbs, but not twitchy or agitated. Still getting a bit of euphoric feeling, but I'm also limiting caffeine intake prior to taking this due to a bad experience with massive headaches in the past from downing coffee all morning and then taking a PWO. I still haven't noticed a definite point where I feel the effects coming on. I only notice that I'm "up" once I've been lifting for a little while. I may fiddle with the timing, maybe add 5 minutes at a time the next few times to be in that sweet spot when I do my first rep.

Overall 9/10
I'm walking out of the gym feeling ready to keep working. Not jittery, not twitchy, and no irritability. I had no issues falling asleep last time, and I don't see any problem with it today either. I take K-Otic about 1:30PM, and as I'm writing this it's 9:16PM and I don't really feel wound up anymore. I don't recall any indicator that K-Otic had worn off, just that it's over. Great things so far. I'm going to do my best to talk myself into some cardio over the weekend and see how the body reacts to cardio with K-Otic.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote