sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

3/29/13

Squats
45x8
135x8
225x8
315x6
345x3
365x3
375x2
395x1

Pullups (rep goal 10x50)
BWx6x7
BWx5x2

Leg Press (rep goal 4x30)
600x10x3

Calf Raises (rep goal 5x40)
275x8x5

Gotta love squat day. Everything felt great today, though I had a little mental hesitation on some of the heavier squats. I made sure that I did the heavy ones to one rep shy of failure. 400 was definitely there today, but I already jumped more today than I had intended during the pre-workout planning. I hadn't really planned to double on the 375, but it felt good, so I did it. Obviously I couldn't just do a single at 385 after that. Obviously. The pullups were probably the toughest thing I did today. I know progress can take some time, and I'm trying to be patient, but my pullups just aren't progressing as quickly as I would like. I had hoped that by now I would be doing sets of 10. Oh well, keep at it I suppose. Still not enough weight on the leg presses. I'm hoping next week to add another 50-75lbs and see if that gets me on target with the rep goal. Actually, I'm hoping that I add that and find that I can still do more. Calf raises were calf raises. Nothing special there. Should have done more weight, but I was already running into the time I wanted to be out of the gym. I'm not sure if I should add some more exercises to my routine. I'm not trying to muddle things up, but I'm leaving the gym feeling like there's gas left in the tank for lifting. I'd be alright with allocating some more time if I felt like more work would equate to a proportionate increase in my lifts. All I want is to be the strongest. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable desire.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote