View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I disagree with all this effeminate claptrap...people are people; to say that women are looking more like men or even getting stronger than men, is to relegate the female back to not bothering to lift weights or stay fit, petty much as a good percentage of men and women feel that women should be anyway...soft and weak, and then complain that they aren't able to lift the barbell. Why should a guy have to lift or be stronger than a woman just to be a man?

And, why shouldn't men, if they choose to, look good, without having to be considered as effeminate; it reeks of "boys shouldn't do ballet" style rubbish and stereotypical views, yet watch a full grown adult and be amazed at the control, strength and agility of the same thing that was critiqued as effeminate. Similarly, why shouldn't a woman sweat and vomit and burp?

Life is complex enough for men and women without having to pigeonhole us all; a woman has a problem having shorter hair than a male but a man can go around with a long ponytail, but, you'll still overhear young girls saying "I don't want my hair short, that's like a boy!"...seriously, how much longer would a woman have to grow her hair just to compete with the long-haired ponytailed wearing guy?

A bit off track but it really peeves me with all the men aren't real men crap and vice versa for women just because they don't fit some numbskulls view of what they want both genders to be.