View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Read this topic today on LRB. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do find it interesting. So, posting this just to add to the 'excitement'

" Here's the deal then. If WSB WORKED for raw lifters then eventually raw lifters would gravitate towards it because as noted, the proof shows up in the pudding. Yet all of the elite raw lifters I know, train pretty similarly. They manage their cycles, peak, and vary their intensity and volume. Again, all shit that has been done for decades and has been PROVEN to "work".

If you're going to run off at the mouth about geared lifters being stronger, or a methodology being better, then you'd better have some god damn proof of that. You'd better show that a certain method "works" better. Again, "works" means that the result is the same the great majority of the time, and that your guys best other guys using your methods.

I personally think the WSB method is the preferred method for most geared lifters because it "works" in that regard. It produces big geared numbers. However it does not "work" for raw training."
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote