kennknee
Max Brawn
Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 18 months
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench Press with chains
Fav Supp: Juggernaut HP pre workout
kennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributor
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
Love the Work out Kenn....I dont remember if I asked this but what made you decide to create your own box set?
That is an excellent question Rob. I think what it came down to, is that I am a nerd to the "process". I have only been lifting for a couple years, but in that couple years I have learned sooooooo many things. That still means that I am newbie, fresh meat, and I have certain things that I need to learn to do correctly before I just try to go out there and "lift heavy things". The beauty of sort-of going back to the basics is that is good for relative newbies, but it's also effective for very expereinced lifters as well because everything is based off of 1RM percentages.

I have essentially wittled everything that I know down into a simple, progressive program. It's built on the foundations of the 4 major lifts, which I think is of utmost importance, and it breaks down the kind of training, or protocol in which you train those different lifts. Instead of saying, I'm going to do a "power" program for the next 4 weeks, then maybe work on my form for awhile, or maybe I should work on my explosiveness. This program does all those things. I wanted a comprehensive, long(er) term plan that I know I (and therefore other people) can follow. It's 4 months broken into three phases or volumes. The Main Lifts stay rather constant and it's accessory lifts that change. In that way, the program can also be adapted to meet specific injury issues. It is geared toward simply being the best ATHLETE you can be.

I will have tons more written information as the process goes along. I really am just working through all the workout stuff right now, and I'm making tweaks all the time. So far, it's been a huge success, in that, I already feel like my form has improved by actually stepping back the weight on certain days to focus on that. I feel like the mind-muscle connection has increased 10-fold on some things. As I learn to trust the research, trust the training, I can apply the right technique and intensity that is needed for each week. I LOVE THAT about it. It's like seeing the trees and the forest at the same time.

+++ Infinite Labs Rep +++

http://www.infinitelabs.com

http://infinitelabsstore.com

@MrThreeSixtee on Twitter

Please check my Workout Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...t-welcome.html
kennknee is offline   Reply With Quote