gothamsreckoning
New Brawn
Points: 990, Level: 16 Points: 990, Level: 16 Points: 990, Level: 16
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2.5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Mixed Greens
gothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good postsgothamsreckoning has made some good posts

I used to be a serious alcoholic and occasional (hard) drug user. The alcoholism progressed until the point where it got me in trouble with the law and quite nearly killed me. My mom spent $200 she didn't have on natural detox supplies and I quit instantly (which is incredibly painful. Don't try this unless you're as crazy as me) and I just fucking quit. It hurt like hell. Hell, I tell you.

I remembered my weight training from high school baseball and how much fun that was, how much focus it demanded....so I started doing pushups. I did a shit ton of bodyweight work during my "recovery" from withdrawls, then I kicked the weights in around early-mid 2012.

My motivation is part competition, part the fact that I like looking good, part an act of love towards myself (<----this is one that NONE of us really focus on, but it's true) and part a way to exercise control over myself.
gothamsreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote