linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I actually do refeed once a week. Usually saturday afternoon/evening.
I guess you could say I'm recomping, all though I am certainly not gaining strength. My strength has been in the dump for the last month or two.
But I agree, I think there really is something to the whole idea that one should go by the mirror more than the scale.
It sounds like maybe you're focusing on two somewhat different goals at the same time - gaining strength and dropping fat. Most people inevitably lose strength as they drop fat. Now you may be countering with the fact that some folks do in fact gain strength on a calorie restricted diet by I'm convinced it's likely due to 1.) CNS adaptation 2.) form/leverage improvement/change

I've particularly noticed folks suffering with strength gains while running keto/ultra low carb (ULC) (I know I did during my 10-day keto prep phase). However, many of these folks notice the most rapid fat loss which is their goal. Of course YMMV but it's something I really came to appreciate after my little stint with ULC.
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote