View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

it's interesting to consider, but i'd like to see some of those claims backed up. like the one where we were once able to run long distances at the same speed as Olympic sprinters. also, he says: "In the case of the jaw, for example, it may have had something to do with allowing more space in the brain cavity. But I think it’s more to do with our move from the forest onto the savannah"

Well, our move from the forest to the savannah eventually resulted in us eating meat, and supposedly it was meat eating that contributed to our bigger brains. And chimpanzees may have more strength/power, but they have way less finer touch than we do and much less control over their strength.

Also, I question how accurately he can calculate the speed of Ancient Greek rowers... But hey, if his book motivates men to get off the couch, then it's a good book haha

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote