Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #154
PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Deadlift

135x10
135x8
225x5
Suit On
315x3
405x2
495x2
495x1
495x1
515x1

Speed Deads
405x3
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2

Training Grade: B
Got in the suit again today, but pulled sumo. It was like going from sleeping in a hotel bed for a few weeks, then going home to sleep in your own bed. I pulled the suit up higher than last time as well, thanks to going commando underneath. The multitude of 495 sets were to get as comfortable as I could to being uncomfortable in the suit. Hope that makes sense. Each set got better and better, and things started clicking but the time 515 rolled up. It went up stupid easy, just getting down to pull it is a chore. The only way I can explain it is this; With a bench shirt, once the spotters give you your hand off there is nothing you can do, the weight will come down one way or another, pain and all. Pulling on the other hand, y have to pull yourself down to the bar and endure all the pain prior to even starting the lift. Its just something you have to force yourself to do. Getting over the pain, mentally, is tough. At one point, I took my belt off and said fuck this, and Brian said to me "Is that what you're going to do at the meet?". You just gotta suck it up and pull the shit. So that's what I did. It sucks, but as well as to day went versus last week, I'm excited to pull next week, and hone this skill. To all that think gear is "cheating"... Step in to some, and you'll be struck with a harsh realization that this is not for the soft hearted or weak willed. you have to be a tough mother f***er to do this. No pussies allowed.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote