MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

If you are hungry, you should eat. DO not question that feeling, just eat. DOn't eat sloppy crappy stuff, but definitely eat. As long as you don't get acid reflux or whatever at night, no big deal. But, keep track of your food.

What you may discover is that this pre-bed hunger is temporary as you adjust to the new work load, or maybe you just start to eat more post workout and it goes away that way, or maybe you start waking up in the middle of the night even more hungry, who knows? See what happens. But whenever you are hungry, eat good whole foods, even in the middle of the night.

Over time, if you notice too much fat, cut down carbs and salt. If not, just watch your muscles grow with all the new food they get to use now that you're eating above maintenance. haha.

I personally don't buy into this digestion slows down at night stuff, btw. I think we digest BETTER at night because it's human nature to want to lay down and sleep after a good meal late in the day. I can't believe we evolved that way over millions of years if it weren't in our best interests!

At night is when all your hormones are racing around getting all their work done and I seriously doubt food in your tummy is any concern to them at all.

No studies to back that up. Just my personal opinion.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote