View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamill7 View Post
So are these split squats going to give me similar gains in size and strength to regular squats after time?
They will be superior to using the light weights you'll have to use by cleaning and pressing the weight onto your back. If you clean and press the weight onto your back, the weight would be so light that you'd have to use very high reps to get a good workout, and then getting the weight back off your shoulders gets kind of tricky. If you had a squat rack then the barbell squat would be superior. But really, in the combo I suggested, the deadlift is the real driver anyways. The deadlift will allow you ti lift very heavy and will strengthen all the muscles the squat would. The split squats just add some extra quad work which the deadlift isn't the best at. And finally, a unilateral leg exercise can be very beneficial to athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamill7 View Post
And ah i see, i can't think of anywhere i can hang from to do them off the top of my head, would the side of two chairs be okay ?
I used the backs of dining room chairs for a few years.

But this is all just my opinion and I'm not the final word on what to do. I just thought you were looking for alternatives. If you like the clean, press, and squat, then by all means keep at it. And if you prefer the push-ups, do those too.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links