View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamill7 View Post
I can do the squat it's just i have trouble getting the weighted bar into the proper position to do one. I'd rather squat than not so to speak.
You will have problems loading enough weight after a while to make the lift progressive. Seems you are already running into difficulty in that regard. The Split Squat is still a squat except you use one leg instead of two. It is easy to load progressively by holding a dumbbell or shouldering a lighter barbell. Coupled with the deadlift and you will have all the major musculature covered in the lower body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamill7 View Post
Are weighted pushups that i've been doing or the chest press on my home multi gym no good for my chest?
Weighted parallel bar dips are easy to do with limited equipment and it would be difficult to find a better exercise for chest, shoulder, and arm strength. They are much easier to load than weighted push-ups and much more demanding when unweighted. Your chest press machine might be okay, but I prefer natural movements that don't lock you into a plane of motion, especially since you are a fighter.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote