sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

3/25/13

Bench
45x5x2
135x5
225x5
245x3
265x2
275x2
285x1
295x1
305x1

Squats (rep goal 3x20)
250x8x3

Dips (rep goal 5x40)
BWx10
BW+45x10
BW+90x6
BW+90x6
BW+90x4

Cleans (rep goal 5x25)
95x5
135x5x5

Great day on the bench. Arms were shaking like a stone polisher, but it seemed to have no effect on my strength. I don't even know if this is a problem, or if everyone gets it when benching heavy. I had intended to end on 275x3, but the reps came so easy I decided to drop one rep and hit some singles. I'm glad I did. 305 didn't even feel like 100%, but I wanted to leave something for next week for the sake of progression. Squats were done as ATG as my body could possibly get at any weight. The stretch I got from them felt pretty good and the weight seemed pretty spot on for a day where they're a secondary exercise. I got WAY too ambitious on the dips, leading to sloppy reps, more stress on the shoulders than I should have allowed, and few dips than I would like to see in a workout. One 45# plate is what's on the menu for next time. Cleans went just as expected. The weight was moderate, reps were good form and explosive, and there was no difficulty completing sets. More weight COULD have been used, but I'll leave that to weekly progression as I'm still fairly new to this movement. No sense hurting myself on my finishing lift. I got my package from Rippedinmichigan today with my K-Otic, so I'll be starting a supplement log on wednesday (deadlift day!!). There will be some duplication of information, but mentally I need the continuity in this log while not detracting from the supp log. Really looking forward giving this a shot.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links