View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggfat View Post
330 Am and I have not slept a wink. So tired but just can not fall asleep. What do you do when you have nights like this?
Nothing, I may take the opportunity to think some things through which gets stuff done when I can't access the stuff to get it done; I'll generally wake up shattered, the day after.

When I was on a med, which screwed with my CNS, not only did I not sleep but I wanted to rip my skin off, climb the walls, and could not lay still, so I got up and watched tv...I had 4 days and nights of that and was exhausted; stopped the med, slept like a baby. Turned out I'm allergic to the med in question.

Sometimes, sleeplessness is related to something else, which could be something on your mind, too much food (sugar/carbs)/caffeine prior to bed, waatching tv (exciting the nervous system), pushing through a previous wave of tiredness which will lead to you waking up again, not doing enough to tire yourself out during the day, or a med etc; if you manage to rule all of those things out, then you'll just need to keep an eye on things t make sure it doesn't end up a longterm thing...nip it in the bud early, if it looks to be going that way.