Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #165
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayjeremy View Post
A general rule of thumb is to use 2/3rds of Volume but keep intensity on the bar.

BendtheBar, when using the Rep Goal System on a diet, how does that work?
I don't advocate general principles like this ^. It doesn't factor in current volume, lifter's history, etc.

Also, pulling back the volume in one big sweeping move is not wise. If the volume is pulled back, or needs to be pulled back, it should be done slowly and based on needs.

Quote:
Huge Gainer Early Intermediate Strength Building 4 Day Split | Huge Gainer

The deadlifts system, should I countthe total reps I Do for a given weight to see if I'm losing alot of strength? Basically how would this routine look like on a 1/lb a week fatloss phase?
You count the reps, yes. You still want to aim for improvement, or worst case, holding steady.

Regarding changes for cutting, I wouldn't make any. It's going to take 3-4 weeks to dial in your cutting diet as is, and after that point I would assess how things are going.

When cutting, if anything, I pull the a set on assistance work but keep the big hitting exercises the same when possible.

Listen to your body and make adjustments off specific needs. Let me know if you have any questions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote