View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post

As for these reports, it drives me crazy because all of these morons were doing cardio when they died. We had a guy in my last company, a very stupid guy that nobody really liked. One day after a rather vigorous workout, running up and down a massive, steep hill, this guy collapsed and went non-responsive. Turns out he had taken C4, a preworkout supp. This guy took stimulants, then did some of the most intense, high blood pressure inducing activities you can do. He came back from the hospital later that day. He never lived that stupid shit down.

I take stims before I lift weights. That's what they're FOR.
But don't some intense weights routines have exactly the same effect? What about high-rep squat routines, or strongman loading medleys - surely they must push blood pressure and pulse rate sky-high? So I'm wondering if weightlifters might be equally vulnerable.

Unless it specifies on the bottle what sort of workout it's suitable for, there are going to be a lot of people who naturally assume that it's for any activity where you want a performance boost.

I've tried pre-workout stims in the past (anyone remember Ultimate Orange?). I found that I wanted to train on them all the time, which I didn't think was a good sign. And they did make me feel really odd on big exercises.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote