View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #14
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Still, If you grow your own stuff, its got to be better than buying from the supermarket, surely.
I don't see why that should necessarily be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
The stuff they spray onto fruit and vegetables, and inject into bread to make it last longer can't be good for you.
Bread should only last the day.
Why can't it be good for you? Or to put it another way, why is it necessarily bad for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hahaha, true to some degree, supermarket breads have stuff in them you don't even want to know about
I eat 'that crap' at the supermarket , along with most people, so what is it in bread that I don't want to know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Preservatives and hormones in our food have extended the human life expectancy.

That was tongue in cheek by the way, don't come at me
But I actually agree with the former. Nobody talks about the innumerable pathogens in food and the toxic - sometimes carcinogenic chemicals - that they produce. Preservatives prevent those from multiplying, as well as maintaining the micronutrient levels within food.

Don't get me wrong, I think growing your own vegetables and baking your own bread is fantastic - viva the environmentally friendly cottage garden. But in the big scheme of things, I sincerely doubt whether there are any measurable benefits on health.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote