Corcioch
New Brawn
Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Education
Corcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good posts

I also injured my back Deadlifting 420lbs at 85kg BW for reps . . . . .I jerked a lift one day and was using wayyy too much lower back in general.

My pain was also in the lower center of my back.

It hurt everytime I deadlifted and put me off my training, hurt alot when I sat in a car seat for any length of time. . . . .So I went to see a Physiotherapist.

I actually went to an 'Osteopath' . . . He told me I had damaged my spinal erectors. They were in spasam . . . it was sore when he even touched that area of my back the first session

He 'worked' on my back over 2 sessions . . .sort of deep tissue massage and various other 'moves' to set my back . . that coupled with me taking a very close look at my form, backing off the weight and building more slowly has my back as good as new now. My back actually feels great now . . .

I would thoroughly recommend seeing a good physio/ Osteopath. He spotted a number of other imbalances in my movements too . . . .such as lumbar flexion in the squat, bad kyphosis in upper torso etc that I never knew I had. It was a good learning experience . . .

I found a certain Derek Poundstone video on Youtube excellent, in the way Derek explains how to actually use your lower back in the deadlift. . . .it just made so much sense to me the way he explains it . . . .simple but hugely effective.

Andy Bolton's book Deadlift Dynamite and Mark Rippetoes UTube Videos also helped me alot to fix a few flaws in my form and get back on track.

Im no expert . . .but thats my 2 cents if it can help all well and good.

Last edited by Corcioch; 03-19-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Corcioch is offline   Reply With Quote