BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
It's definitely time to come at the whole lift differently. It LOOKS painful, the way you're doing it now. If I were in your position I would read everything I could on deadlifting. One thing I learned from golfing is that sometimes just having the right thought in your head can change everything. You need to find that thought.

For me on deadlifts I've been working on feeling like I'm pushing my legs between my hands at the start of the lift. Just this small thought got my butt down, my back flatter, and my legs far more involved than they had been before.

The good news, I suppose, is that it does look like form is your problem. It could be a LOT worse, as we all know.
THanks for the advice. I've read rippetoe's starting strength and the deadlift description in 5/3/1. I think part of the problem is that in the moment, it feels like I'm doing it right, with the exception of the hyperextension.

Could you be more specific on some of the things you see that I am doing wrong?
Specific criticism would help me improve the form flaws. I think it's almost as if I need someone standing there when I lift saying don't do this, do that. Since I don't have that, I am relying on critiques from guys like you to help me make those changes.

Thanks again.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote