Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #134
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post
Let me ask a few questions that are rather specific to my situation and condition.
Hope I can help.

Quote:
I'm losing weight and exercising a bit—down from 445 a few months ago.
Congrats on the progress.

Quote:
When I tried holding a long wooden dowel across my back, like doing a Barbell Squat, I found that I could only do 7 or 8—Arms had been going forward to counter-balance me.
I'd rather see you do them with arms forward. You could even try them holding a dumbbell for extra resistance if the bodyweight get too light. This exercise can be extremely challenging, and good for getting the heart rate up.

Quote:
Can you think of any other Exercises that I should be doing, to give me a head start when I do get back to the Gym?
The giblet squats, or squats holding weight are a very good choice. Seated overhead presses from this position is a good choice as well.

Are you able to do push ups with your knees on the ground? Even limited range push ups would be a good addition.

Lying tricep extensions, curls, hammer curls, front object raises, Arnold presses, one arm snatches, one arm cleans, planks on your knees, one arm object rows, object bench presses while on the floor.

Quote:
In my position, would you dig out the Barbell Set just for the Upright Exercises that could be done off the Grass?
I would be doing anything from the ground.

Diet...we need to get you on a lifestyle and not a diet. What were your eating habits like when you are gaining weight?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote