Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #133
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Gidday Mr BBOD,

Concerning muscle growth, what would you say is more important, Protein or Calories ?. Cheers Nath.
Calories.

If I had to choose between 200 grams of protein a day and undereating, or 3500 calories and day and only 100 grams of protein, I would go for more food.

Weight gain is inherently anabolic and lends itself to faster strength gains. There was a study a few years back on the weight of sumo wrestlers. The findings indicated that the sumos, despite not lifting, had a base lean body mass close to that of natural bodybuilders.

What this tells us is that weight gain is not all fat gain, like most believe. Obviously everyone is different, but most heavier guys tend to also be stronger. This is one of the reasons.

I fear undereating, but there are many days when my protein is a little on the low side.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote