View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #45
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I'm not even sure that there's a way to work that out; I tend to drop fat and gain lean mass at the same time (either one of the lucky few or just have everything spot on by accident), but since I drop one and gain the other, simultaneously, there is no fat gain to take into account.

For a beginner, eating just above what they need (a couple to a few hundred cals), most will be a lean mass gain with either neglible fat gain or a fat drop. Only really excessive eating will see massive fat gain and more so if done without any exercise etc, however, intense sessions can offset even a really hefty intake which is why monitoring the intake and the changes or non-changes are important.

Take pictures and assess that way, oh and use a tape measure (biceps, chest, waist...minimum) track them once a month, along with pics and scal readings, to get an overal picture of what is occuring. After a while the brain/perception will adapt to the changes that have happened in your appearance and you won't necessarily see them any more, but photos of 3 months apart compared alongside one another show what is going on and the changes that are occuring.

Wow, you are lucky! Never heard of anyone not gaining any fat.

I thought there was some way to calculate how much muscle and fat you were getting from that pound or over each week.

If the fat gains are normally neglible then thats great. I don't really have anything to worry about.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote