Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Muscle Building And Bulking: Help! Will I Get Fat? - BBOD #122 - YouTube

In this video BtB says once your gaining a pound a month, thats good.
What's the muscle to fat ratio of this pound?

Obviously If its half and half, and I gain as muscle fat as muscle, that wont be so bad.
As he said if you add 30 pounds of muscle, and 15 pounds of fat, your going to look better because of the muscle. The fat wouldn't really matter.
Stop already. Based upon your comments you are still a teen, which means a couple of factors are in your favor. You are probably still growing and you probably have a pretty fast metabolism (the fact that you only weigh 125 also tells me you also eat like a bird.) If you are working hard in the gym and eating at a pace to gain 1 lb a week, in 4 months you are only talking about 16 lbs. Again, if you are working hard in the gym, it won't be all fat and you could stand to gain 16 pounds. So kill it in the gym and eat.

Here is the simple plan. Eat protein every time you eat something. Make sure to eat your veggies. Eat when you are hungry. Avoid cakes, cookies and the like. Focus on protein, fats and good carbs. At your weight, eating a ton of meals will be hard, make use of shakes to SUPPLEMENT not instead of food. This is not rocket science. Just do it.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote