Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor

thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I believe that's 3 sets of 8 reps. Some people write them backwards.
i really do mean 8 sets of 3 reps. i did some smolov stuff and i thought it was cool to do lots of sets with low reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I would hit a max single or two on heavy days, then drop back down to do the 8x 3. I would also seriously consider hitting a single around 90% (no higher) on medium days, then dropping back down for the reps that day too.

Just a thought. When you're starting out lots of reps is a good thing, but you need a little intensity too. !
for intensity i was planning on doing those last sets to just before failure like in 5/3/1, i think i forgot to mention that. and yeah, i love heavy singles. you think it's really important, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
How much do you press, bench, squat and deadlift?
155lbs/265lbs/335lbs/395lbs
strict overhead press is weak since i've never really tried very hard at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Looks like a solid plan to me. I'm not sure about all the machine work for legs. I'd rather do some squat variations, but the machines will work to if thats the way you want to go.
yeah, i'm not sure if i really want to do the extensions and curls all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZERWIEC View Post
if you want to know about full body training get a book called: the complete keys to progress by John McCallum, just a ton of information plus its a fun book to read
i'll check in to that.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote