View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Carb cycling isn't the answer, macro cycling is. When cycling macros the calories remain pretty consistent. If you'd oil up the hinges on your wallet and fork over $10.00 to Shelby, it would all make sense. Until then, stop reading all the contradictory crap on the internet; it just has you confused.

Don't worry about "This Method" vs. "That Method"

As long as you are gaining weight slowly and adding plates to the bar every month, there is nothing to worry about. If you gain too quickly, cut back a bit. If you aren't gaining, bump it up a bit. Simple.

Just get busy eating and lifting and leave the scientific crap for when you are big and strong. The first year or so you should be able to make gains even if you do everything wrong as long as you work hard enough and eat enough.

I had a look at the book, but I'm in the UK I can't find anywhere else to buy it.

I'll tell you how it is.
I'll sound like an idiot here, but this is why I'm pondering which option to go for.
There's this girl I've liked for years, she likes me too, and she's invited me to go to the Canary Islands with her in July.

Its kind of a big chance for me, and while my fitness goals are very important, this is all I can think about at the moment.
I'm in my final year of school, and decided to be home schooled by my mum who's a teacher. The schools ethos sucks, and is rapidly gone down hill from been one of the best, to one of the worst due to a change in headship and staff.
I've been going here there and everywhere since I left doing exams, and haven't seen her in ages because I've been out of town.
We speak everyday, and were both really missing each other, she's like my best friend.
So, this summer as I said were going to the Canary Islands, which is where half my family comes from, and its a chance to make things happen, with all the exams and stress out of the way.

Now I'm not one for been bothered about what people think of me, but in this case, very much so.
Obviously though, I want to look my best, rather than been half way through a bulk looking podgy, on an island thats predominantly beaches.
I'd be incredibly self conscious the whole time.
I know I'm skinny already, but then I fear I could go skinny fat. Seen as muscle takes longer to develop than fat.

I know you say I wont get fat on a bulk, but I'll still gain some fat. Particularly I'm worried about it being noticed on my face.
If she asks me "have you put on weight" I think I'll die.
Yes, I believe you all when you day I wont get fat, but maybe there will be a noticeable difference even if its slight?
Please don't laugh at me guys :P
I know it will sound silly, but thats why I'm trying to gauge this right.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-15-2013 at 05:52 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links