Thread: RDL vs SLDL
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Ok Steve, you are getting a little squirrely here. When you unrack an RDL do you set it on the ground? NO! Therefore it is hanging..
Come on, really? Squirrely?

Did you watch the video of me unracking 635? It wasn't hanging. I was trying to stay upright and live. There was nothing hanging about it. You start to hang after you have first made sure that you are able to remain alive and uninjured. After said point I tightened my lower back and proceeded to hang the bar.

You're debating semantics here.

Quote:
Don't lower this to the level of a pissing match. That isn't you.
Why are you doing this? Did I offend you? I never tried to lower this into anything. I responded to your questions.

Please don't talk down to me, nor lecture me. I was responding to your questions, and did so in a respectful manner. If you don't like my response, that doesn't mean I am pissing at you.

You're the one calling me "squirrely." I don't appreciate that tone one bit.

I think you're missing the point. Not every article is written as an opus. Christ man, I spend 18 hours a day online trying to help people. You think I have time to write 5000 word detailed replies to every question? Cut me some slack here man.

Quote:
I sent you a PM stating that you should read that information, but you respond that you do your RDL like Rippetoe. I never said you didn't man.
Yes you did. You said that I was implying the only difference was between bar path, which means you were implying I did not understand Rippetoe.

How else would I interpret this comment?

You specially commented that I believed the only difference was bar path. I responded saying I never implied this was the only difference.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-13-2013 at 11:26 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote