Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #221
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Please let me know what you think. I have tried to incorporate the techniques from the SYTYC Bench videos. My problem with the benches in the gym is that they are too high and I can't get my feet flat on the floor.

My spotter tells me my grip is too wide and that I come down too far forward. Both feel natural to me.
Mike and BtB got you covered but to add to what Mike was saying about the bench, I have a similar bench in my garage with that useless gap and big pad at the bottom. For me it's easiest to go higher up the bench like Mike said but instead of putting my legs over the pad I put them around the bench if that makes sense, I'll attach a pic.

Having my legs wider also lets me arch better and get more drive through my hips without my ass floating up. Might be something worth trying anyway.
Attached Images