Thread: RDL vs SLDL
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

I wouldn't say that video Steve posted is an RDL. Upper back rounds, it's a partial SLDL.
Not sure what upper back rounding has to do with how I am driving that lift. I am driving it by moving hips back.

Also, when you say partial, what do you mean? I am about 1-2 inches off the floor so it can't mean depth. I assume you mean it's not a true RDL?

I perform mine in the same manner Ripp describes his. My upper back rounds, but I've never heard it discussed, so perhaps I missed something. My lower back stays tight, and my hips drive back. I ride the back down my leg, and do not allow my lower back to break.

I don't understand the upper back comment so perhaps you can explain more why you feel that's important to an RDL.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-13-2013 at 10:41 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote