Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
As for the quotes I took the time to type them out of the book Starting Strength Vol3. It is not the complete write up of those sections, but I did not take anything out of context.
I know it's a matter of semantics, but I think it is incorrect to say the only difference between the 2 movements is that one the bar is ran up against the thighs, in the other the bar is held out. There is more to it than that.
One is a concentric movement the other eccentric.
Once starts from the hang, the other from the floor.

I challenge anyone saying other wise to read the sections in the book which I quoted. If you still want to ignore or disagree with the way it is spelled out in the book and claim otherwise, fine. Whatever. But at least take in the information before blindly rejecting it and stating otherwise. You owe that to yourself.
My RDL info is based on Rippetoe's. Watch his video.

The RDL

Video tại vimeo.com - Đăng tại www.KyXaoViet.Com

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-13-2013 at 10:32 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote