View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
Dray
pretty much a bodybuilder
Max Brawn

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: dips 'n chins
Fav Supp: wpc, cmh, epa/dha, multi
Dray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite member

Well I'd wait for one of the big boys to get here and answer definitively, but until then...

To the best of my understanding, no-one's incline should be equal to their flat bench, all else being equal. Biomechanically, you're at a disadvantage when pressing on an incline bench, that will get worse as you increase the incline, right on up to an overhead press.

Similar to how a front squat should probably max out at around 80% (very roughly) of your back squat max - again, all else being equal (e.g., amount of time dedicated to each, etc.)

I don't know the typical ratio for flat to incline (guess it depends on angle among other things), but anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're competing in an incline bench comp, lol.

edit: Oh, your incline is heavier than your flat bench? If that's the case, I'd say you've had a training imbalance maybe(?)

Last edited by Dray; 03-13-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote