BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 3/12/13 Cycle 11 Power Clean and Squat

2nd AM fasted workout. Power Cleans +5 from last cycle, Squats set back to 90%. First workout using the T-baggins template for squats. Go!

Power Clean
105x5
122.5x5
140x5 (Goal x5)

Squat (x2)

Decline Crunch
bwx21,21,21
SS w/

SLDL
45x15,95x15

Overall Workout Grade: B+

Notes:
I'm loving working out in the AM. It's great. I woke up, drank my coffee with Heavy Whipping Cream. Filled up a big glass of water and got to it.

I felt kind of blah and a bit nauseous on my first couple sets of Power Clean. But as the sets went on the blah went away and my nausea subsided. By the top set I was in full on go mode.

Squat went great. I am extremely excited about this new approach. I really feel like this is going to work well for me. Looking forward to the poundage going up. I'll be blunt here. 5/3/1 did not work well for my squats. Period. after 10 cycles my progression has been minimal at best. So, either something is wrong with me physically and I am doomed to squat failure or the higher rep cycling (some consider anything over 2 reps high) just doesn't work for me when it comes to my squats.

Did some cruches, big whoop. But, I also did a couple sets of SLDL (the one where you pull from the floor, with stiff legs, since there seems to be some semantically related disagreements between some of us). I haven't done a deadlift in over a month. This is my way of easing in to it. I am going to work in the SLDL initially. I am kind of thinking of doing the Higher rep SLDL on the heavier squat days (week 1 and 3) and pulling some 85%ish DL singles on the lighter squat day. I'll feel it out. I really don't want to re-injure my back.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links