View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #591
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member
Default 3/12/13 Cycle 11 Power Clean and Squat

2nd AM fasted workout. Power Cleans +5 from last cycle, Squats set back to 90%. First workout using the T-baggins template for squats. Go!

Power Clean
105x5
122.5x5
140x5 (Goal x5)

Squat (x2)

Decline Crunch
bwx21,21,21
SS w/

SLDL
45x15,95x15

Overall Workout Grade: B+

Notes:
I'm loving working out in the AM. It's great. I woke up, drank my coffee with Heavy Whipping Cream. Filled up a big glass of water and got to it.

I felt kind of blah and a bit nauseous on my first couple sets of Power Clean. But as the sets went on the blah went away and my nausea subsided. By the top set I was in full on go mode.

Squat went great. I am extremely excited about this new approach. I really feel like this is going to work well for me. Looking forward to the poundage going up. I'll be blunt here. 5/3/1 did not work well for my squats. Period. after 10 cycles my progression has been minimal at best. So, either something is wrong with me physically and I am doomed to squat failure or the higher rep cycling (some consider anything over 2 reps high) just doesn't work for me when it comes to my squats.

Did some cruches, big whoop. But, I also did a couple sets of SLDL (the one where you pull from the floor, with stiff legs, since there seems to be some semantically related disagreements between some of us). I haven't done a deadlift in over a month. This is my way of easing in to it. I am going to work in the SLDL initially. I am kind of thinking of doing the Higher rep SLDL on the heavier squat days (week 1 and 3) and pulling some 85%ish DL singles on the lighter squat day. I'll feel it out. I really don't want to re-injure my back.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links