Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #110
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post
Okay, I have a couple or three Questions for you:
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Any thoughts on the Straddle Lift—done as an Actual Straddle Lift—to relatively High Reps—say 8–12 or even 15—as a Squat or Deadlift Assistance Exercise?
I've tried some unique lifts in my day that have surprised me. One of them was the donkey squat. Many people brush off this movement, but it's the best quad exercise I've ever tried:

The straddle lift is worth a try. I would go moderate weight, 12-15 reps per set. You can do them the old school way, or with a squat belt like this:

Amazon.com: SUPER SQUATS Hip Belt: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: SUPER SQUATS Hip Belt: Sports & Outdoors

You might also want to try hip belt squats:

Quote:
Any hints at proper Technique (Green was a little short on Detail)?
I have only tried them once. I would post a thread and ask other members for tips. You're sure to get some good advice.

Quote:
What do you think of Pull-Overs?

Can they really Expand The Rib Cage, or is that an old fable?
Here's a thread on the topic:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/mus...expansion.html

I've never tried them much myself.

Quote:
What well-known Lifter and/or Strongman active today, Is the Closest in Physique and Training Methods to Paul Anderson at his Prime?
Bud Jeffries. Second, me

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-12-2013 at 05:59 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote