13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
This is just one man's opinion, but I disagree with doing those movements before your big lifts. Why would you fatigue the area in question before pressing? In my brologic that seems counter productive. IMO, you should treat the rotator cuff strengthening exercises like you would any other assitance exercise. You would not do tricep extensions before bench pressing would you? Probably not. By the same token you shouldn't do rotator cuff movements either before you press and bench. .
Of course there is a time and a place. If you were doing extremely light weight to warm up the rotator before benching or pressing, that makes sense. But in this case, warming up is not what you are trying to do. You are trying to strengthen the rotator cuff to help rehabilitate it and prevent future injury. Therefore, concepts such as progression need be applied, all be it at a slow rate.
Thanks Josh I will re-examine the exercises in that light. I guess I have been using them as a warmup then, with 5lb DB's before pressing movements.
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote