View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #126
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Monday, 3/11: Dynamic Effort Bench

Speed Bench

Setup
  • fat bar (55 lbs.)
  • red bands (light tension, I think)
  • Tendo unit (target between 0.7 - 0.9. I don't know what the units are)

9 x 3 x (145/105/125 x 7)

DB Incline Bench
3 x 10-12 x (55/50/50)

Seated Cable Row
3 x 10-12 x (110/100/100)

Tate Press
3 x 15 x 10

Upper-Body Sled Pull
3 x ~40 yards x 105 lbs.

No volume measurements since I'm not really in charge of planning the routine. This is my first time benching with bands, and it was a great training session. I tried to do each set the way I saw Louie Simmons explain it on YouTube, which is "bangbangbang!," so no pauses at the chest. I don't feel like I was bouncing either, but this will just be something to be aware of for next time. The fat bar was awkward at first! My trainer for today told me that Louie told him that he should change grips every 3 sets: close, medium, and wide. Another thing to remember for next time.

Everything else was standard except for the sled. You "pull" it, but the movement is like a bench press. This just absolutely kicked my ass! I must've looked so completely pathetic on my last lap, and yes, there were other gym people out front conversing, and probably watching! It was a good kind of pathetic, though. It's hard for me to describe, but it was positive. I am so determined to improve on these sled pulls. I can't wait to attack it again.

I posted some other stuff about the gym here.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote