Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #102
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish_hulk View Post
Hi Steve. When i'm squating and go below parallel my butt (lowerback) tends to tuck under and i have been stretching my hip flexors, hamstrings and glutes. The problem is when i go below parallel the tuck under make me use less weights. i can only squat 260x5 with ass to the grass squat but when i go parallel i can squat 320x5. Should i strengthen my hamstrings/glutes more to help at the bottom or work more on my stretching what is your take on it.
Before we start trying to fix this, I think it's best to look at the big picture to see if there other issues that may need to be fixed.

Do you have a video up of your squats?

There are some common squat form flaws that might be forcing your lower back to round in the hold.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote