BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

So I woke up this morning at 4:30am and had my first fasted training session. I chose today because it was the start of a new cycle and I have reset all my lifts back to 90%. Although, seeing as how today was the first monday of the time change, it probably wasn't optimal to start today.

Upon waking I had a big cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream. After drinking that I started drinking water. I drank water as I trained.
Today was an Upper body day, with OHP being the core lift. Out of all my days, this is probably the "easiest" as far as load is concerned. So this was a good workout to start with. Also, I am currently using straight across sets for my assistance work. Probably not the best idea, because of the high volume. I did however cut back fro 4 straight sets to 3.

During the first exercise I felt a bit light headed at times, but nothing to serious. I noticed between sets I felt a bit, light headed and spacey during the first couple exercises, but it seemed to disipate as the session went on.

All in all, I don't really feel like training fasted and in the morning effected my session too much. Although, tommorow is Squats and Power Cleans. It's one thing to OHP first thing in the morning, it's a whole other ball game with a complex movement like power cleans and a big ass movement like squats are involed.

Training this way was different, but I think I will adjust. I went ahead and ordered some whey isolate to add to my coffee on training days. I think the added aminos will help me not feel so famished.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote