View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #189
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
FWIW - I would suggest doing a pre-meet session working up to a single of your opener. Al once suggested that to me and it has worked great for me. I then take 3-4 days off before the meet. .
.Al is a sound source of solid advice! , ill be doing exactly this on the Wednesday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Shocked really that you missed your squats Alan. I hope Al is helping you sort it out somewhat. I can certainly appreciated tho how upset you must be. Other than channeling that anger to the next time and some more food/rest I don't know what to suggest.
I do know one thing tho - your way too good of a lifter to let this happen again.
I was shocked too Jim , really threw me for a loop. Today went better , just some triples but they felt better.
Will probably adjust my numbers now ( downwards – boohiss! )
Appreciate your advice here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Bad day! Get it out of your head! Easier said than done I know. Last workout before my first meet I missed 295 twice, thought seriously about bailing on the meet, but went anyway and hit 303.

You just never know why things happen the way they do.

If it was me, I'd hit some light weights and really crush them. Get some mojo back.

I'm pulling for you buddy!
Thanks Mike, good to know it not just me then , will most likely adjust my squat numbers downwards and see how things move on the day.
Hit some light triples today to get some confidence back….

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Never mind ... you will get it in next session, I'm sure ... keep pushing your limits Alan ...
Thanks Ravi – will keep trying to catch the great pace you are setting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Form feeling good I assume?
In fairness no , chatted with Al a bit and realised I was a bit too slow down and definitely too slow into the hole , something to work on after the meet for sure

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote