View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAM View Post
Well, I was thinking about a bodypart a day, (hoping that would motivate me enough to get back in) However, today Im pretty sore and I was actually thinking about the 1on, 2 off routine.
day 1 chest
day 2 off
day 3 back & biceps
day 4 off
day 5 shoulders & triceps
day 6 legs
day 7 off
as far as a routine? I have always been intrigued by Power and strength. I was actually thinking about the Bill Kazmaier routine and tweeking it out a bit. I am alittle afraid of pushing my shoulder to the limit though (hense the no more competiing). Unfortunatley for work I cant kill myself in the gym. Im a police officer so I should always save a little in the tank for work.....(I work in Detroit, so there is always the opportunity for things to go south quickly). Im gonna try to start running atleast 3-4 days per week. I found an ex-navy seal (Stew Smith) been following his ideas for years. He has a beginner running program that I thought looked easy enough.
Hopefully your DOMs will improve after a month. The 4 day split above is pretty close to what I run (for the most part). When I started back at it, I was doing only pushups, situps and chair dips and the DOMs was bad.

I prefer to get in, workout, and get out. About 45 to 50 minutes is my limit. I like to save some in the tank too, just to have energy for my wife and kids.

Does your shoulder bother you more on pressing movements, or on squats?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote