View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAM View Post

I hit 40 couple of months ago, dont think I want to compete anymore, just feel good. I use to work in the gym, (I lived for the gym) then started applying myself more to my work and before I knew it I was no longer an avid "weightlifter" my wife tells me she would like me to be ripped "like its something you just order at GNC" I have made up my mind Today is the day that I make an aggressive effort to hit the gym. I have been cleaning up my diet for the past 2 weeks, my belief was why go to the gym if my diet was for S^^^.

So, please if you have any good advise please feel free to let me know, if you have any bad advise or critisism please feel free to keep it to yourself.....

Thanks for taking the time to read my log......
Glad to have you here. We have similar backgrounds, though I never competed. I was a hardcore lifter and took time off due to work stress/lack of sleep for years. I started back up again at the right before my 40th birthday.

I hope you stick with it. You'll get all the encouragement you can handle here.

Any clue how you are going to train?

When I got back at it I pretty much used a one day on, one day off. My weights were pathetic, and I was frustrated. Hang in there. it comes back fast, even at our age.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote