View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 PM  
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor
Default Sick and tired of training!!

I hate benching, power squatting, deadlifting, pressing, curls, calf raises, dumbbells, cables, and so on. Here's what I did to fix that....I didn't do them. I always thought that a traditional fullbody workout (one that has the basic six movements along with single joint calf and arm work) put way too much emphasis on the upper body and the legs were left slightly neglected in comparison. Then it hit me, as far as compound lifts are concerned, pushing is pushing and pulling is pulling, no matter what the plane is, but since I threw most of the traditional core lifts in the trash what was I going to do? Then it hit me again, the quick lifts, and some bodyweight exercises. This is what I came up with.

A:

Power snatch
Full squat
Dips
Dead stop barbell rows

B:

Power clean
Front squat
Push press
Chin up

Now the next issue was frequency, volume, and loading. Frequency was easy, I just alternated workouts and hit the gym six days a week. Volume was influenced by guys like Ditillo and Hepburn. I decided on 10x3 for each exercise. Loading was a little Bulgarian, and a little Russian for the barbell exercises. I started at 2 sets of 50% of max and worked my way up to 90%, no maxing out!! Once I hit 90% for five plus reps I will go up roughly 10+%. The chins and dips are a different kettle of fish. I decided that once I am able to do 10x5 easily with my bodyweight, I will bring out the dipping belt and add 10-25 pounds depending on the sweet spot, or I'll start doing sternum chins. I'm having a blast and lost 20 pounds of lard, and I'm feeling the best I have in years. So if anyone else is going through a funk, remember there's more then one way to skin a cat.

Last edited by Trevor Ross; 03-10-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote