View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #105
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

After a long hiatus, I finally got back in the gym today. I knew my numbers would be dissapointing, and I was right, but I can blame no one but myself.

After warm up sets my working sets were as follows:

Squats-
5 reps @ 225
5 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225

Thought I was going strong until I hit the 5th rep in the first set. Almost didn't make the 5th rep on the second set, so when I felt weak on the last rep, I just called it quits.

Bench Press
4 reps @ 135
4 reps @ 135
3 reps @ 135

I am very dissapointed with how I did on the bench. I could normally do 135 all day long, but after such a large amount of time off, i guess I should be happy that I got that little bit out. I also couldn't get my form right, nothing felt like it use too.

Dumbell Rows
8 reps @ 50
7 reps @ 50

My right side felt so weak today. I sort of tweaked it while squatting (no clue as to how, or what).

Upright Rows
8 reps @ 65
5 reps @ 65

Surprised today I didn't hit the rep ceileing for both sets. After the first I thought for sure I would get the second.

Close Grip Bench
8 reps @ 60
8 reps @ 60

This was way to light, but there is no need to kill/injure myself today. I am sure I will be plenty sore tomorrow.

After thinking about this for the entire time I haven't been in the gym. I think I might switch my routine up. I need a routine that is much shorter, than what I am doing now. I have been wanting to try the 5-3-1. I think I might do the "i ain't doing shit" routine. This will get me in the gym 4 days a week, which is more of what I want. and only in there for half the time I am in there now.
This goes against my "I love assistance work" nonsense, but I miss the low weight volume of the 3x3 and concentrating on my lifts, while still allowing me to chase after rep/weight pr's.